Title units within the WebMoney system can only be stored in purses. Each purse is allocated a registration number and is linked to a WMID. A purse number consists of 12 digits, similar to a WMID registration number but unlike a WMID number it has a letter-prefix which refers to a type of the title units stored in the purse. A purse number for the WMZ, WMR, WME and WMU type of title units respectively may look like this: Z238479008342, R034873236762, E9282374987384, U108374384782.
A different type of purse is used for each type of title units:
- WMZ - Z-purse — an equivalent to US dollars
- WMR - R-purse — an equivalent to Russian Ruble
- WME - E-purse — an equivalent to Euro
- WMU - U-purse — an equivalent to Ukrainian Hryvnia
- WMK - K-purse — an equivalent to Kazakhstani Tenge
- WMB - B-purse — an equivalent to Belarusian Ruble
- WMG - G-purse — an equivalent to Gold
- WMX - X-purse — an equivalent to 0.001 BTC
- WMV - V-purse — an equivalent to Vietnamese Dong
- WMH - H-purse — an equivalent to 0.001 BCH
- WML - L-purse — an equivalent to 0.001 LTC
- WMY - - Y-purse - an equivalent to Uzbekistani sum
There are also two special types of purses:
- WMD - D-purse — used for the accounting of the issued loans
- WMC - C-purse — used for the accounting of the own credit obligations
Purses of the D and C type – only one purse of each type may be created by one user.
To make a fund transfer you need to select a purse. It is not possible to transfer funds to an Identifier directly without stating a specific purse number. If you know a recipient`s Identifier, you can communicate with the WMID owner via internal mail, send them invoices and files and conduct other operations using the system services.