Web Merchant Interface-Accepting payments via Paymer cheques WebMoney scratch cards
Accepting payments via Paymer cheques, WebMoney scratch cards via Web Merchant Interface.¶
Activating this option in the Merchant WebMoney settings lets you accept payments from customers who are NOT clients of WebMoney Transfer in automatic mode by WM-cards, Paymer checks . For the seller these payments are accepted in the same way as payments from clients through a WebMoney purse with a few exceptions that are listed below.
From the customer's point of view redeeming a scratch card or a Paymer cheque directly at the Merchant's site looks as follows:
- Customer checks out at the merchant's site and chooses WebMoney as a payment option. They are then redirected to a Merchant.WebMoney payment page;
- They then pass authorization by choosing Paymer as a method of payment (you can skip the authorization method choice if you transfer lmi_paymer_pinnumberinside, or lmi_wmcheck_numberinside parameter from a merchant's page payment form that contains a unique check number (WM card or WebMoney Check), in this case a customer will be redirected immediately to the page where the pin-code or card authorization code is to be entered;
- after the cheque number is verified, the interface checks if thereare enough funds for a cheque, is the cheque currency corresponds to the purse currency (that is a payment to Z Purse can done only via WMZ cheque/card);
- customer enters a card/cheque number and their email on a Merchant.WebMoney page, following the authorization and then confirms a payment;
- as a result the needed amount is taken from the cheque at Paymer and transferred to the merchant, cheque number and code remain the same, check value decreases to the spent amount;
- At the end the customer is redirected to a payment confirmation page as with any other WebMoney payment methods (via WebMoney Keeper WinPro or WebPro );
- If the payment was made from a new card, not used before, it turns into a Paymer cheque after the first payment is made. You can then use a card via Paymer.com that allows you to view the remaining value, see transactions history, etc.
From the merchant's point of view the payment looks a bit different in comparison to other methods via WM Keeper WebPro or WinPro:
- payments to sellers’ purses made using the option Paymer check or WM cards options ALWAYS have the WM#000000000000 identifier of Paymer.com and are made from one of the WM purses of this identifier (Z000000000001, E000000000001, Y000000000001, etc) depending on the type of the seller’s purse;
- all payments notifications, data transfer parameters and other system data remain the same as if it was sent by a customer via WM Keeper WinPro or WM Keeper WebPro, payment notifications (result, success, failure) contain WMID and Purse number, but instead of the customer's WMID and a purse there are details belonging to Paymer.com;
- Payment notification will as well contain a phrase saying "Redeem WMcheck XXX\YYY" redeeming where XXX - cheque number, YYY- is a unique payment number in the Merchant.WebMoney system used for payments by checks;
- Payment notifications (prerequest, result, success, failure) contain 2 more parameters: customer's cheque/card number and their email (for more details please visit detailed guide). Merchant can use these parameters for their own purposes for example to return funds to a client via e-mail by sending a paymer check by email.