QR codes (Quick Response Code) are a type of matrix code. It was designed by the Japanese company Denso-Wave in 1994 for encoding web addresses, telephone numbers, SMS messages, text and more. If you are the fortunate owner of a camera-equipped cell phone, you can install on it a special program for recognizing these matrix codes and save a great deal of time entering, for example, web addresses on your cell phone. You can find more detailed information on wikipedia.org
is how the link to webmoney.ru looks.
There are many programs for recognizing matrix codes, here are a few of them:
- for Android - QR Droid, QR Barcode Scanner
- for iOS - QR Reader for iPhone
- for Windows Phone - i-nigma, QR Code reader ;
In the WebMoney system, the QR code is used in the following cases:
- To log into WM Keeper WinPro;
- For additional authorization on the sites;
- When confirming transactions using the E-num service;
- As a digital business card in the WebMoney Keeper application and in participant`s passport on the website of the Verification Center.
Recognition algorithms the QR code embedded in client applications of the E-num service for mobile phones.