Email Address Update
Only users with Formal and higher WebMoney Passports are allowed to change or update personal information. If you have an Alias Passport,- make sure to upgrade it to a Formal one first.
- How to update your e-mail address by yourself?
- Updating e-mail address with the help of employees of the verification center
How to update your e-mail address by yourself?¶
Please follow the two easy steps below:
1 Log into the website Verification Centre with your WMID.
On the control panel go to “Contact Information”,- and click “Edit” next to your e-mail address. See the screenshot below:
Specify your new e-mail address.
The message with a link to the Verification Centre website will be sent to your email. Follow this link, to confirm your new e-mail.
2 Once your new e-mail is confirmed, you will be prompted to confirm that you are the real holder of the WMID. Several variants can be offered:
- A letter with a 6-digit verification code will be sent to your old e-mail address. If you provided an additional e-mail during the registration, a copy will be sent to this additional e-mail. Once you receive this message, enter the code into the “Verification code” box as shown below.
- If your contact phone number was verified, the verification code may be sent to this phone number via SMS or voice mail.
- If you used the question and answer verification, please provide your security answer.
Updating your e-mail address with the help of employees of the verification centre¶
If you cannot update your e-mail address yourself,- there are several options to complete this operation:
- Restore access to your mailbox. To do that,- contact the support team of your e-mail service.
- Get the verification code via regular mail. Click the link on the page “Click here” and the letter with the verification code will be sent to your physical address specified in your passport.
The letter can only be mailed to the address you provided in the Contact Information of your passport. If you have provided a wrong address, this option is not available for you.
- Submit an application to the verification centre. The verification centre will process your application and update the e-mail address (if it is possible). You have to come to the verification centre in person and present your application and identity document. If you cannot come to the verification centre, please notarize your signed application and mail the original application to the verification centre (look for a postal address at passport.wmtransfer.com). Applications are processed within ten (10) working days after they are received.
See also: Phone number update